Since the Delhi Smog in 2017, the Indian consumer market has been flooded with hundreds of air purifier brands all of who use their own brand terminology to make their product seem superior to the competitions’. To make your air purifier research simpler, here are the 5 very best air purifier 2019 India models. So what makes a perfect air purifier?
- Presence of 3 Filters: HEPA, Pre-Filter, Carbon Filter
- No ozone or ioniser
- A high CADR
- Long filter life
- Good design
- Ability to operate in the worst pollution conditions
- Great customer reviews and experience
- Noise-Free operation
If you would like to understand criteria to consider before buying an air purifier in detail, visit this article
The air purifier models that fit all the above criteria are as follows:
Price Rs 16,999
Philips as a brand over time has created a trust in the minds of consumers. Philips products are usually trustworthy, have quality materials, consumer-friendly design and long lives. This is probably one of the reasons why they are priced higher. This air purifier model by Philips is a particularly liked one, especially by families.
- It has HEPA, Carbon & Pre-Filter. The pre-filter is easy to take out and clean.
- A high CADR at 333 m3/hr
- Can cover a large size bedroom or living room of size up to 440 sqft.
- All Philips air purifiers have 2 years of warranty vs 1 year for all other brands.
- It has a Real-time PM 2.5 measurement display which accurately reflects the amount of particulate pollution in the room.
- It is also the only model which comes with a dedicated allergen and virus mode for season changes.
- Overall positive Amazon reviews, with a 4-star rating
- Quietest operation at 20 dB
- No Ionizer or ozone
- Slightly expensive
- No app
Price: Rs 8999
MI is a Chinese manufacturer more popularly known for its Xiaomi mobiles. MI Air Purifier has the number 1 bestseller rank on Amazon. There is an obvious appeal to this model. It has all the important features and at the same time has an excellent price.
- It has all the 3 filters – HEPA, Carbon & Pre-Filter.
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) is a high 310 m3/hr.
- No Ionizer
- It also has a Real-time Air Quality Index monitoring along with MI home app smart controls which are quite an added bonus. In all the other brands, models with a mobile app are not priced below Rs 20,000.
- It is also is eligible for a full refund within 10 days of delivery.
- Great customer reviews on Amazon.
- All the 3 filters are built into one, making it difficult to clean
- Air Quality reading on the app sometimes does not work
Price Rs 16,939
Blue Air is a Swedish company known for their high-end and high-quality indoor air purifiers. Last year they launched some of their affordable devices in India. Blue Air Pure is a model that stands out in its price range. With multiple certifications and awards like Japan’s Good Design Award, Parenting Awards by 6 Parenting Magazines, and others for technology and innovation.
- Highest CADR in the category at 590 m3/hr
- Highest filtration capacity in its class. Long filter life of 4380 hrs
- Easy to maintain filters. Pre-filter is detachable and easy to clean
- Low energy consumption at 30-60W
- Air changes 5 times in an hour
- Exceptional Design – single button operation
- The air intake is close to the floor and may start pulling dust from the floor
- No app
Price Rs 9,999
Honeywell is an American Fortune 500 company, which recently launched its Air Purifiers in India with much fanfare. HiSiv Filter Technology is a trademarked technology by Honeywell which is capable of removing 2.5mm Particulate Matter (PM) using multi-layered filtration process.
- 3 Layer Filtration process: Pre-Filter, HiSiv Filter, HEPA
- Filter life is of 3000 hours approx.
- High CADR at 250 m3/hr
- Large room coverage of upto 323 sqft
- Sleep Mode
- No Ozone
- Washable Filter
- Bad reviews for after sales service
- No app
- Some complaints about faulty pollution indicator
Price Rs 9499
Atlanta Healthcare is an Indian company that provides commercial and residential air quality solutions. The N99 pollution masks are one of their most popular products. This model is good value for money.
- 7-STAGE air filtration technology with Pre-filter, HEPA filter, antibacterial filter, activated carbon, photocatalyst oxidization, UV light and ionizer
- Suited to medium room size up to 350 ft
- LED display
- Odour sensor
- Remote control
- Ionizer present which is unsuitable for people with asthma and respiratory problems
- Low CADR at 170 m3/h
- No app